Friday, May 18, 2007

happy day!

8 years ago today I have a beautiful baby boy! Two weeks early, emergency c-section, and very unexpected in every way. He was over 8 lbs two weeks early! and was the sweetest "little" boy. It seems like only yesterday! .. I know time will continue to quickly fly by.. and soon he will be 16 and much taller and stronger than me! So I will cherish these next years and enjoy every minute... this is the time in my life when memories are made!

Happy birthday "Big Guy" we love you and are so thankful for you!

(as you can see .. yes he still had to do "school" on his birthday)


I posted earlier about the Choreganizer.. Here are some pics of how I have mine set up. It has worked beautifully.. in fact.. all three kids cashed in some of their bucks for Pokemon last night :) One funny thing.. Joseph asked if he could buy some bucks from me.. with his birthday money.. he was trying to work the system. funny.
the photo above shows the money in the bottom which I paid for yesterday's chores and then I "reloaded" the chore cards for this morning. Its the FIRST place the kid go in the mornings. Today we had a conversation about why Cat got paid 6 instead of 5 .. (she went above and beyond).. Its great!
Here you can see the Chore Store.. and the cards where I listed items they can purchase with their bucks.
Cat and Nate working at the coffee table.
And I thought it was so funny when Nate just came and plopped all his bookwork at my feet.. literally. I am in the process of checking Josephs work. .. .. just thought you would enjoy a "behind the scenes look" ..
The kids were completely finished with bookwork by 11:30.. I think the Choregonizer has really helped the boys.. cause doing their schoolwork is one of their chores.. so they want to finish it to put their card in the "finish" pile. Seems it keeps me from having to remind then to stay focused.

On the techno front.. today we had a DVR installed. I am so excited because it will enable me to use the TV more for our schooling.. and more easily. Planet Earth, How Its Made, Science and History Channel and more .. I can record the shows and have the kids watch them when they correspond to what we are learning! Also.. .. I can record shows like Pokemon and others they like and the kids can watch them in the afternoons when the "buy" time using the chore system.. Pretty neat!

gotta go.. get ready for a party
blessings
r

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Joseph!

I remember when you were pregnant with him. That was when I'd just graduated and got married. :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! I had to do my schoolwork on my birthday's as well :-)