Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cats room makeover

Here are the before and afters of Cats room. Today she really worked hard.. painting the walls (cutting in and rolling) while I did the ceiling. She got that painter talent in her blood! :)




The wall that is blank will soon have a Bible verse or the "I have not lived in Vain" poem by Emily Dickenson.. she is trying to decide ")




The shot above is her beading area .. the wall above it will be painted "Catherine's Bead Shop" Heres a close up.



This is a "bubble" wall.. I will try and get some better pics of it tomorrow when the sunlight is shining in.. but you get the idea :)

Things I heard while working today
"OH I LOVE IT!"
and
" I would never want to do this for a living"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I wish you and the kids were here to help out with the painting we have to do!!!! Joel painted with the maintenance department one summer, but I think you guys are some of the fastest and best painters I've yet to see. I remember when you'd transform a room in your Morris apartment (literally) overnight.

Speaking of that old apartment, I'm painting my kitchen cabinets a similar buttery yellow soon. Of course, it's hard to get everything done, because I'm also sewing curtains, couch covers, and bedding for our apartment. :D Joel's been caulking up the windows, so that when we turn our AC on in a few weeks, we won't lose the cooler air out of the gaps between the glass and the window frame...:D

It' s aproject, but we're so thankful for our new place.

Loving cat's room. Make sure to show us when the verse/poem, and "Cat's bead shop" painting is finished...:D

Sarah said...

I think it's beautiful. Plus, it's so neat that you guys were able to incorporate her beading hobby into her room in such a pretty way.

charlotte said...

Oh! I just love the color of the room! What a great room you have, Cat! It looks SO happy! I also just love the beading area! Absolutely beautiful! Great job!

Ruth, how did you ever have the patience during the painting? I could have never let my chidren do that! What a great mom! Maybe I'm still in the toddler mode! LOL!

Ruthie said...

Charlotte..
Its called a REALLY big drop cloth!

I did have to go back and catch some runs that nate made.. but for the most part they did well.. I just "instructed" them on how to load a brush and roller.. ..

The second day I was ready to finish so I had the boys take care of the dog and work on educational computer games while cat and I worked. :)